CUSTOM BLOGGER SITE BY LISA B »

Thursday, April 17, 2008

My Love!

I think everyone deserves to know just how much they are valued in their relationships, whether it is a friend, a lover, a parent, or a child. I am choosing today to make it known just how much I value and appreciate the love of my life.


Daniel and I met on my 27th birthday, just over a year and a half ago. I had tickets to the circus and I could not find anyone to take me. I happened to answer my phone to a stranger whom I had given my number to on myspace. I was in an awful mood but within minutes he had me relaxed and wanting to talk to him. He had no idea it was my birthday. After I told him it was my birthday and that I had tickets to the circus he told me he was going to take me. I had decided I was never going to meet anyone in person that I had met online again so I told him no at first. But I really wanted to go to the Circus and it was My birthday and he was really nice, so.... we went to the Circus. :)


So we stayed on the phone until he got to my place to pick me up. I opened the door and saw my best friend for the first time and it was all over for me in that moment. I was completely taken by him. The night was perfect. It has been such an incredible road for me the last 18 months. I have grown so much and there is no other person in this world that I would have wanted to take this journey with.


The other night I asked Daniel if he knew just how much I valued him in my life, and how grateful I am for him. He told me that he knows that I love him but no, that he did not know how much I valued him. Well, I guess I have some work to do! LOL.


Daniel is good at everything that I have yet to learn. He makes me feel good about myself and my accomplishments. He is every girl's dream guy, but he is mine and that feels good. He opens doors for me and cleans my dishes. He even folds my laundry. He notices when I look nice and massages my feet when they hurt. He tells me he loves me often and lets me vent when I need to. He motivates me to accomplish my goals and lets me enjoy the things that he is doing as well. He is open to talk about the things that are troubling me and is okay when I don't want to talk. He is considerate and loving and wonderful. And he makes me laugh everyday. He is so much fun to be around and to talk to and to play games with or just kick back and watch T.V. I enjoy him to the fullest extent. Lucky Lucky Me!


You know that dreamy look teenagers get when they talk about the cute guy that just asked them out? Well, as my councillor pointed out to me yesterday, I still get that look whenever I talk about him. I am so fortunate to have found my best friend and partner for life. We have gone through a lot to get to where we are today, and I wouldn't change a thing. We have grown so much stronger and we have such a strong and healthy relationship.


I value him above anything else in my life. I know we will be able to work through anything together, in this life, and the next. I am grateful for him beyond words. He has assisted me in ways that no one will fully understand except for him.


I love him, our relationship, our past, our present and our future! He is my everything and I look forward to a life time of laughter, love, learning and growth with him by my side!

0 people care about this post, besides me! :):