CUSTOM BLOGGER SITE BY LISA B »

Friday, July 17, 2009

She really is alive!!

Wow!! It has been awhile since I have posted here. Or even looked at my blog. The comments left for me, especially on Carolyn's birthday brought tears to my eyes!! What a precious spirit to still effect so many people after 10 years! I am so proud to be her mother! :)

It has been a crazy 5 1/2 months!! The past 24 hours have really tested my commitment to the army. However I am proud to be an American Soldier and although this journey has been incredibly hard, I know it will be worth completing! Just a few short weeks and I will be home!!

I want to share a video with you. It is an older song, it was played at my AIT graduation and it has gone through my mind a lot lately. With my renewed commitment to being an American Soldier I wanted to post the video on my blog.



I also want to share with you the Soldiers Creed:

I am an American Soldier
I am a warrior and a member of a team
I serve the people of the United States and live the army values
I will always place the mission first
I will never accept defeat
I will never quit
I will never leave a fallen comrade
I am disciplined physically and mentally tough, trained and proficient in my warrior tasks and drills
I always maintain my arms, my equipment, and myself
I stand ready to deploy, engage, and destroy the enemies of the United States of America in close combat
I am a guardian of freedom and the American way of life
I am and American Soldier!!

I have a great love and respect for the United States Military and what we stand for. I am so excited to come home and be a wife and a mother with new found strength, courage, and dedication. I am very grateful for a husband that has been there every step of the way to cheer me on and motivate me to stay and finish what we started, even when he wants me home as badly as I want to be there!

For you followers of the Letters from Lisa... The site is going to be under construction for awhile... But don't give up on me!! I just have a lot on my plate right now!!

2 people care about this post, besides me! :):

Anonymous said...

I am so proud of you Baby!! You are an inspiration to us all.

Thank you for choosing to serve your country and your family in such a profound way.

I love you with all of my heart. . .

Your Bestest Friend & Biggest Fan,

Daniel

Linda said...

It is nice to see that you are still alive :) cant wait to hear all your stories. I am proud of you! see you soon.