CUSTOM BLOGGER SITE BY LISA B »

Thursday, May 8, 2008

Hallelujah!

I have lived in my duplex for just over 7 months now. The lady that lived in the other side of the duplex when we moved in was a great neighbor and we were really sad to see her go. I had two hopes for the new neighbor's, number one was that they did not smoke. Number two was that if they had children that they were around the same ages as my kids and that they were nice children.

Well.... the first time I saw my new neighbors, they were out on they were both out on the front porch smoking. I was so hoping they were not moving in, that they were the ones cleaning the carpets or something like that.

I just have to say here, that I don't have anything against a person that smokes. I have had good friends that choose to sport the nasty habit. Heaven knows I have some habits that I would not want to be judged for, so I do not hold it against the person. But, on the other hand, I am not ok with breathing second hand smoke and I am even less ok with my kids breathing it in. So now that I've cleared up my feelings on that, I will get back to my story.

Needless to say, I was very disappointed that they smoked. Especially because the lady is 5 months pregnant. (so sad) They have two kids, ages 5 and 11. Very disrespectful. I do not feel good about any of the kids playing with them. So both of my neighbor requirements were not met.

The weather started to get warm. So very grateful for that. :) However, since it is warm, I like to open up the window in my Bedroom. (who doesn't right?) Well, every time they went outside to smoke it would come directly into my bedroom. So irritating. Now, I am the kind of person to close the window and get upset internally and not do anything about it except for get irritable, which doesn't make anyone around me happy.

Daniel looked up what rights I have as far as not having smoke come into my house. Luckily for me, I have the right to file a nuisance law suit if smoke comes into my house more than twice in a one week period. With knowing this, I called my landlord and told her that I was planning on doing just that but I wanted to give her a chance to resolve it first. A couple of days later, I rarely smelled smoke coming into my house.

About a week later the guy neighbor came over (sorry, I never took the time to learn their names) and told us that he would rather we come to him if we have a problem, and not go to the landlord, or anyone else. That he was trying to quit smoking and that he would try to be respectful of the kids and not smoke on that side of the house. Not even two hours later he was smoking on that side of the house and continued to do so. He did a lot better before that conversation than after it... go figure.

Well our swamp cooler's fan was not working and so I called the landlord to tell her that it wasn't working and that I did not feel like I could open the window's because of the smoke that was coming into the house. She was so funny about it! She said, do you think he just forgot? like he was dropped on his head or something? Haha. I don't know what was said to him after that, but we have not had a problem since then with the smoke.

A couple of weeks ago, the girl neighbor's dad was outside (he is also a neighbor a few houses down on the other side of us.. joy) and was staring at Daniel as we walked from the car to the house. So Daniel just said “hey how's it going?” He responded with, “I hear you aren't minding your own business?” Daniel just smiled at him and said, “kind of like you right now?” Then the guy threatened to beat Daniel up and Blah Blah Blah... What a butthead.

So about a week ago, the lovely neighbors put up a trampoline. Now I don't have a problem with trampolines either, as long as they are in a back yard on your own property, but of course this was out on the lawn that we share and made our place look so trashy.

There were Dandelions all over the lawn, and my landlord had told me that the lawn would be fertilized so I wanted to let her know that it wasn't working. She called me back on Monday and told me that the fertilizer guy told her that he didn't dare fertilize because there was a big trampoline with a bunch of kids playing on it, so he did not dare use fertilizer on the lawn. She told me that the trampoline should be coming down the next day. Well, on Tuesday there was a For Rent sign out on the lovely neighbor's lawn.

I do not know what was said, or why they have decided to move... All I can say right now is Hallelujah!

2 people care about this post, besides me! :):

Shannon said...

So does this mean that you are moving?

Lisa B Nell said...

No, we are not moving, thank goodness! I have had WAY too much of that in the last three years... LOL. I took the picture and was excited to post it, and then I was too tired to write the story behind it! LOL. I will posting a story with it soon!