CUSTOM BLOGGER SITE BY LISA B »

Thursday, July 24, 2008

Blessed, Honored Pioneer!

I just want to acknowledge my appreciation for the men and women that had the courage to settle this land I get to call home. Anyone that knows me, knows I think of these mountains as my mountains and I have expressed how much I would miss the beauty here if I ever left. I realize without the sacrifice of the pioneers i would not be enjoying the beauty of this valley. I also am so grateful for the preservation of our church. I am blessed and I am reflecting on just how many of those blessings came from these brave men and women!
.
Blessed, Honored Pioneer!
.
They, the builders of the nation,
Blazing trails along the way;
Stepping-stones for generations
Were their deeds of evry day.
Building new and firm foundations,
Pushing on the wild frontier,
Forging onward, ever onward,
.
Blessed, honored Pioneer!
.
Service ever was their watch-cry;
Love became their guiding star;
Courage, their unfailing beacon,
Radiating near and far.
Ev’ry day some burden lifted,
Ev’ry day some heart to cheer,
Ev’ry day some hope the brighter,
.
Blessed, honored Pioneer!
.
As an ensign to the nation,
They unfurled the flag of truth,
Pillar, guide, and inspiration
To the hosts of waiting youth.
Honor, praise, and veneration
To the founders we revere!
List our song of adoration,
.
Blessed, honored Pioneer!
.
I also want to acknowledge my big brother for running the 10k this morning! It was my plan to run with him and Daniel in the race this year. Due to Daniel's surgery we did not make it to the race. It was so much fun to run with Daniel last year and see Christina and Robert at the starting line. Next year we will be there to run. Maybe it will be all four of us again!

1 people care about this post, besides me! :):

Robert said...

I am looking forward to next years run and will hold you to it, lol.
Hope that Daniel is doing well.