CUSTOM BLOGGER SITE BY LISA B »

Thursday, November 6, 2008

Thank you... Thank you very much...


Harrison's Images of Greatness presentation took place tonight. :) He has been working on it all school year. Each student got up and recited a riddle and the audience got to answer the question who am I? Here is Harrison's riddle:

Tupelo Mississippi was the place of my birth
On January 8th I came to the earth
I was an only child, and my Mother's only son
But I had loving parents named Gladys and Vernon
My family was poor so we had little money
So I really ate was bread with some honey
When I was young I would save my money
For my favorite treat
And when I got older and made my fortune
A lot of chocolate I did eat
When I was eight my Dad gave me a guitar
It had only three strings but I loved it by far
Several years later I chose to wear my hair like Kris Khale
He was a black man and a blues singer
And his hairstyle was called a ducktail
In 1954 I started my career with wild singing
And hip gyrations
And by 1956 I was an international sensation
On the Ed Sullivan Show in 56 I performed in front of 54 million
And my record sales now to date are more than One Billion
In 1957 I was drafted into the army
And I met my future wife while stationed in Germany
In 1967 Priscilla I did wed
But only one year later my sweet mother was dead
In 1968 Priscilla gave birth to our baby girl
And we brought her home to Graceland
Now known throughout the world
I starred in 33 movies and over 30 #1 hits I did sing
I died on August 16th 1977, and I was known as the King
Who am I?

When he was done he walked of stage and then slid back to the microphone and said "Thank you, Thank you very much"! It was classic! We are so proud of Harrison!

0 people care about this post, besides me! :):