CUSTOM BLOGGER SITE BY LISA B »

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Two years ago today.....Happy Birthday my Lisa

Here is the post that Daniel put on his blog for my birthday! :)

Two years ago today about 1pm I made a phone call that would forever change my life.

. . But lets back up just a little first. . .
I had been divorced for just over two years and was dating quite a bit. I met most of the people I dated from dating sights like eHarmony.com. I also was a member of several social networking sights like MySpace and ldsLinkup. . I was a social Butterfly. . Okay maybe more like a Dragonfly. . .

Lisa Profile pic on MySpace in 2006

I was driving back home from SLC (I lived in Orem at the time) and recalled one of the people I had conversed with through MySpace. She had given me several phone numbers with the disclaimer that she had very little priority on phone conversations so don't be offended if she didn't answer. I had put the numbers in my cell phone for whatever reason. . .

I was just passing 12300 South on I-15 when I picked up my phone and started looking through my contacts. I spent a lot of time on the road driving between SLC and Orem, so I usually ended up calling and chatting with someone. I made a few unanswered calls when I got to one that Said MyspaceLisa. . . . I had a vague recollection of out 2 or 3 emails and decided to call. . . .

The phone rang a few times and then picked up, "HELLO?" I could immediately tell she was not happy. . . It only took a few minutes to get her to warm up though. . . It was her birthday and it wasn't going well. . .


We chatted while she went to the store to get clothes to run the St. George Marathon the next week. She told me she had tickets to the Circus but no one would go with her. She told me how much she loved elephants. . . And over the next two hours, we just got to know each other. . .
I offered early on in the conversation to take her to the Circus, she said "that's okay". . . I pushed a little then let it go. . .

I had gotten home and looked at her online profile and we talked about her favorite actors and how much she loved shooting her Bow. We talked about kids and about ex's, we talked about our experiences with online dating and both made it clear we were just looking for friends. . . .

The very first picture I posted on Lisa's MySpace. . Because I know she loved Elephants

Eventually I found myself driving back up to SLC to pick her up. . . We were going to the circus. . . When I knocked on her door and when she answered we said hi and off we went. . .

We chatted, she talked on the phone, texted and we chatted some more. . .
The rest of the evening was more talking, driving, eating at Olive Garden ( her favorite restaurant and now my employer ) all just for her. . It was her 27th Birthday, and I wanted it to be special. . .

We were strangers who became friends who became. . . well, it's two years later almost to the minute that we first talked. . .
We have spent almost every day together since that day. . Our children have become friends, our lives have become one, we have build a life together that makes us both so very happy.

We have been through a lot together and we are family. My four and her three plus her little angel makes ten of us in this little family of ours!!!
Lisa, you are my life and I love you so entirely!! Thank you for believing in us through good and bad. Thank you for always loving me for me even if I am an Old Man. . .Your Old Man. . . .

HAPPY 29th BIRTHDAY!!

Lisa has always talked about getting a big beautiful Elephant Painting. . . Your wish is my command Lover of mine. . . . . .




Love You So Much
Happy Anniversary
Your Daniel

0 people care about this post, besides me! :):